Sunday 10 April 2011

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

NO, not the song, just how I'm feeling right now. Moving into a house full of strangers is something a lot of people or at least those that head to university (far away from home) find themselves doing, as did I. My first impression was not what I had preconceived. I always thought living in a house with uni mates was going to be fun and everybody would be super friendly and you would become best friends with the people you were living with. I was wrong,big time!  But then I got to know my housemates and I was like "oh, they are actually quite nice and since I was the youngest they were kinda helpful". I considered myself super lucky to be housed with cool people who talked to me more than just for out of courtesy. Then, I got to know them a little better and realised that their way of living was not like mine. They saw life slightly differently from me. But they were still nice. They called me to hang out with them ( which I thought was cool) and by hanging out with them I even managed to play the guitar. Okay, so by playing the guitar I just mean strumming a few chords on it but that was like life changing for me. I had never touched a guitar before so I found it like some loser, super cool. I even joked with my friends back home that 'the world should watch out cause I now want to become a superstar'. But of course, in front of my housemates, I acted all cool. So, now I'm starting to realise that we don't have the same outlooks on life. And I know to whoever is reading this I must sound like a crazy person cause nobody would care or it shouldn't be a big deal that people have different characteristics in life. We are all supposed to deal with diversity! And I pretty much deal with diversity really well especially since I come from a country where we praise diversity.
But I somehow feel I don't fit in with them, like an intruder who stepped into their life. So, here is the part where I pose the question should I stay or should I go?
I have also come to realise that living in a house with different people is hard and it makes you sometimes wish you had your own place or was living with your family. Life would be less complicated then for me at the very least. But I of course know of people who cannot wait to leave home but I suppose I have always been a home girl, a mummy and daddy's girl. I'm not homesick but maybe I just miss being pampered. Or maybe I'm just lazy...maybe i feel like I want my own freedom to dance around the kitchen while cooking not looking over my back every 5 minutes to wonder who is also downstairs or who is coming in the front door.
But, hey this is life and this is part of growing up and living abroad. I suppose I have always asked for this life and so,here I am complaining about it. I blame it on human nature for never being happy with what we have ;) So, you know what I do when I'm depressed ( I suppose I'm over exaggerating here), I watch YouTube. Vloggers are hilarious ( charlieissocoollike, nerimon, italktosnakes, nigahiga, communitychannel ) and also clips on my favourite celebrities like ahem...THE WANTED ( I warned you I will be talking about them alot) and also another British boy band that I have recently discovered, JLS ( who are incredibly awesome and super fit) *smiley face* and my mood turns rightside up. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment