Tuesday 27 September 2011

Harimau Malaya

I managed to go back home and watch the Tiger's in action. And even though we lost to Singapore (our arch rivals in everything) we played a good game and we are definitely rising from the ashes. Saying that itself, makes me proud to call myself a Malaysian and support our national football team.
Being in the crowd with 87,000 people all with one common goal (minus the odd 200 Singaporeans) felt amazing.
We were all there ignoring race, religion, gender to support Harimau Malaya. Our voices were sychronized in harmony as we cheered and cheered on our young players. There were moments which brought us to our feets, there were the nail bitting moments and in the end there was the long moment of sadness. Yes, we were disappointed but not in our players just the general disappointment when one loses something, I would say.

The crowd at Stadium Bukit Jalil

Our players in the Blue jerseys :)

We are all still behind this team of Harimau's as they march forward to face more challenges and as they slowly but surely rise up the ladder of success. We were once Asia's best and I believe we are on the right part to achieve that same glory again. This is one circumstance where history should repeat itself. As I type this sitting thousands of miles away from home, I wish the Harimau's all the best in the next few games as they take on Japan and other countries to qualify for the Olympics. I hate to quote Justin Bieber here but "Never Say Never". With the right amount of determination and hardwork, we may just see our national team on the London pitch. And that will be a moment that will go down in the history books.

Speaking of another Harimau Malaya, our national and world No.1 badminton player, Lee Chong Wei. He is definitely at the peak of his game and I truely hope it lasts for the Olympics. He is one of our only hopes for that prized gold medal.
The one, the only LEE CHONG WEI!

And yes, I did stream it online as I watched him fight hard against Lin Dan for the coveted World Badminton Championship title. He may have lost, yet again and cockily enough Lin Dan may have ripped off his shirt again but then, you can't win everything in life and to Datuk Lee Chong Wei I want to say CONGRATULATIONS for all the tremendous achievement you have done. Thank you for flying the Malaysian flag high and hopefully next year it will be you who humbly defeats an arrogrant Lin Dan for the gold medal at the Olympics!

Also, to Nicol David, girl, my mother wants you as a daughter. You are a true role model and it's a shame squash isn't as famous as tennis. Nevertheless, you are awesome at what you do with an incredible winning streak that makes everybody else envy you. Keep up the good work, Datuk and hopefully I'll see you in action LIVE one day.
Nicol David in action.

In the end, I just want to say
MALAYSIA BOLEH! now and forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment